PLNL 2019 : Second Workshop on Programming Languages in The Netherlands
- Radboud University Nijmegen
- December 12 2019
After the succesfull launch of this new workshop series, PLNL'18, we are happy to invite you to give a presentation or attend the second edition. The purpose of PLNL is to bring together researchers in the area of programming languages in the Netherlands. The workshop targets programming language research in the broad sense, included but not limited to the design, implementation, theory, application, and teaching of programming languages.
PLNL'19 will take place at Radboud University Nijmegen, Lecture Hall Complex, CC1 (https://www.ru.nl/english/about-us/contact/how-get/ directions in English; https://www.ru.nl/over-ons/contact/bereikbaarheid/ directions in Dutch).
PLNL'19 is sponsored by Radboud University Nijmegen and NWO.
Call for Talk Proposals
The workshop will consist of a number of contributed talks. These talks should provoke discussion and/or questions — we strive to have interactive talks with plenty of discussion by the audience.
Coffee and lunch breaks will provide the opportunity to network with your colleagues and to meet new people. Junior researchers and senior researchers are equally welcome, and both are encouraged to submit a talk proposal.
Researchers that are not from the Netherlands, but for example, from neighboring countries like Belgium or Germany, are also welcome to attend. The language of the workshop is English.
- All presentations are in lecture hall CC1 (Lecture Hall Complex, Mercatorpad 1).
- Coffee breaks and closing drinks are in the next door Cultuur Café.
- Lunch is served in the University Restaurant De Refter (Erasmusplein 3).
09:30 - 10:00 Registration, coffee, tea in CC1
10:00 - 10:05 Welcome
Session types (chair: Pieter Koopman)
- 10:05 - 10:30 Intrinsically-Typed Definitional Interpreters for Linear, Session-Typed Languages, Arjen Rouvoet, Casper Bach Poulsen, Robbert Krebbers, Eelco Visser
- 10:30 - 11:55 Minimal Session Types, Alen Arslanagic, Jorge A. Pérez and Erik Voogd
- 10:55 - 11:20 Actris: Session-Type Based Reasoning in Separation Logic, Robbert Krebbers
11:20 - 12:05 coffee and tea
Language design (chair: Eelco Visser)
- 12:05 - 12:30 Piecewise Relative Observational Purity, Seyed Hossein Haeri, Peter Van Roy
- 12:30 - 12:55 FPGA Design with CLaSH, Jan Kuper
13:00 - 14:15 Lunch
SAC (chair: Robbert Krebbers)
- 14:15 - 14:40 SAC Goes Cluster: Fully Implicit Distributed Array Processing, Clemens Grelck, Thomas Macht
- 14:40 - 15:05 Array Languages for Deep Learning - High-Productivity and High-Performance, Sven-Bodo Scholz, Artjoms Sinkarovs, Hans-Nikolai Viessmann
15:05 - 15:45 coffee and tea
FP oriented (chair: Peter Achten)
- 15:45 - 16:10 Type theory unchained, Jesper Cockx
- 16:10 - 16:35 Revisiting pattern match overlap checks, Sebastian Graf, Simon Peyton Jones
- 16:35 - 17:00 From FP to OO, Tom Verhoeff
17:00 - 17:30 Announcement PLNL'20 and drinks
On the registration page you can indicate if you wish to participate in the dinner. We have booked restaurant Mira, which is conveniently located in the city centre of Nijmegen, and of walking distance to the central railway station (700m). Dinner is payed entirely by yourself. We have reserved a shared dinner, costing 29 euro, drinks are not included in that amount.
Submission page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=plnl19
- Submission: Monday, November 18, 2019.
- Notification: Monday, November 25, 2019.
- Workshop: Thursday, December 12, 2019.
Submissions for talk proposals should be described in an abstract of at most 300 words. Proposals do not need to represent original work. It is fine to propose to talk about (recently) published work.
- Pieter Koopman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Achten (P.Achten@cs.ru.nl)
- Pieter Koopman (Radboud University)
- Peter Achten (Radboud University)
- Robbert Krebbers (Delft University of Technology)
- Wouter Swierstra (Utrecht University)
- Eelco Visser (Delft University of Technology)
Participation is free, but you will need to register. The deadline for registration is December 5, 2019.
To register, please visit https://forms.gle/p1Pn3UnBycQH6zyr6
- PLNL 2018 : First VERSEN Workshop on Programming Languages in The Netherlands (https://conf.researchr.org/home/plnl-2018)