NL-FP dag 2017
The Dutch Functional Programming Day is an annual gathering of researchers, students, and practitioners sharing a common interest in functional programming. The day features talks that cover the latest advances in research, teaching, and applications in the functional programming area. Coffee and lunch breaks provide ample opportunity for networking with your colleagues and meeting new people. Experts and newcomers to the field are equally welcome.
The NL-FP day 2017 takes place on Friday, January 6, 2017 at the Radboud University in Nijmegen.
The FP dag takes place in room LIN 4, Linnaeusgebouw, Heyendaalseweg 137, 6525 AJ Nijmegen.
How to get there
From Nijmegen Central Station, take any of the following busses to the bus stop Huygensgebouw.
- 10 Heyendaal Shuttle (every 4 minutes)
- 11 Beuningen Aalsterveld
- 12 Druten Busstation
- 13 Wijchen
- 14 Brakkenstein
- 15 Wijchen
- 300 Nijmegen via Bemmel
The building is directly opposite of the bus stop.
Alternatively, there is a local train from the central station to the station "Nijmegen Heyendaal", from where you have to walk southwards over the bridge until you see the building on your left.
Registration, Cost, Deadline
Please register by sending an email to Markus Klinik including
- Whether you want to give a talk
- Whether you want to participate in the dinner (please indicate dietary restrictions)
If you want to give a talk, please include the title and a short abstract. Aim for 20 minutes plus 5 minutes discussion.
There are no participation costs except for dinner, which everybody pays for themselves.
There is a soft registration deadline at the end of this year, primarily because we need to make dinner reservations.
A preliminary sketch of the day.
- 9:30 - 10:15 Registration
- 10:15 - 10:20 Welcome and Opening
- 10:20 - 10:45 Talk 1
- 10:45 - 11:10 Talk 2
- 11:10 - 11:40 Break
- 11:40 - 12:05 Talk 3
- 12:05 - 12:30 Talk 4
- 12:30 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 14:25 Talk 5
- 14:25 - 14:50 Talk 6
- 14:50 - 15:15 Talk 7
- 15:15 - 15:45 Break
- 15:45 - 16:10 Talk 8
- 16:10 - 16:35 Talk 9
- 16:35 - 16:45 Closing
- 18:00 Dinner
After the program at the university we will have dinner at the restaurant De Hemel. They are going to serve us their Diner Churrasco. We'll be sitting in the Brouwerszaal where they actually brew the beer they serve. For people wo eat neither meat nor fish there are vegetarian options, but we have to tell them beforehand. The menu costs about 30 EUR, drinks not included. Everybody pays for themselves.
We'll go there by public transport. Team up with one of the locals or use modern technology to find the way.
Restaurant & Brouwerscafe
6511 VS Nijmegen
Past NL-FP Days
- 2016 Universiteit Utrecht
- 2015 Universiteit van Twente
- 2014 Universiteit van Amsterdam
- 2013 Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen
- 2012 Universiteit Utrecht
- 2011 Universiteit Twente, Enschede
- 2010 Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen
- 2009 Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
- 2008 Open Universiteit, Utrecht
- 2007 Marine, Amsterdam
- 2006 Hogeschool Avans, Breda
- 2005 Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
- 2004 Universiteit Twente, Enschede
- 2003 Universiteit Utrecht
- 2002 Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen
- 2001 Technische Universiteit Delft
- 2000 Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
- 1999 Hogeschool Breda
- 1998 RijksUniversiteit Leiden
- 1997 Hogeschool Leeuwarden
- 1996 Universiteit van Amsterdam
- 1995 Technische Universiteit Twente, Enschede
- 1994 Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht
- 1993 Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen