Clean language report
The language report (versions 1.3 and 2.0) written by Rinus Plasmeijer and Marko van Eekelen (University of Nijmegen) is the reference manual for the Clean programming language.
It is a must for anyone who wants to write serious Clean applications.
The latest version is version 2.1.
There are several books about Clean:
- Functional Programming in Clean is a practical book in progress intended as an introduction to functional programming in Clean for undergraduate students. It is available online.
- Functional Programming and Parallel Graph Rewriting is a book that describes the theoretical foundation and implementation of Clean. It has been published by Addison Wesley in 1993.
- Programming in Clean is a nice Clean book for beginners. It is available online.
Documents concerning Clean libraries:
- A Concise Guide to Clean StdEnv gives an overview of the StdEnv library of Clean.
- A Tutorial to the Clean Object I/O Library - Version 1.2. gives a comprehensive overview of the Object I/O library of Clean. Please note that this document is included in every Windows distribution (check out help).